So, What Goes On at a TEC Weekend?
Who Can Attend?
- All teenagers from High School grades 10 through Freshman Year in college are eligible to attend. You need to download, and print out the application. Fill it out and have your parents sign it. Then send it in with the application fee. The fee for the weekend is $48. That covers everything you need for the weekend. Some churches help cover the cost. There are scholarship funds available if the cost prevents someone from coming.
- From the moment the 56 weekenders arrive at the host facility on a Friday morning, they are greeted by a combined team of 52 youth and 24 adults, including 3 ministers, referred to as "Spiritual Directors." Music, games, good food, and lots of laughter put everyone at ease before they go into the Conference Room for the talk and study sessions.
- The only secrets of the weekend are special surprises bringing excitement and joy to the Weekenders, planned by the team and others who love them. The surprises help demonstrate God's grace in a way each one will always remember.
- Over the course of the 3 days, six of the teens on the team give talks on subjects like Who am I? Who am I in Relationship to God? or Christians Called to Action. The talks are personal witnesses of struggles these teenagers have faced and how God has worked in and through their lives. The Spiritual Directors also give talks, spurring conversations around each table and culminating with posters and skits presented by the tables. The sharing is marked by tears and laughter and caring hugs, allowing the weekenders to experience the incredible power, love and support of the Christian community.
- The weekend is a progression of faith, moving through the darkness of sin (Lent), to the despair of Christ's crucifixion (Good Friday), to the triumph of His resurrection (Easter), to the infilling of His Spirit and the empowered witness of Pentecost. By Sunday everyone is rejoicing in the new Spirit-filled life that Christ brings and is ready to share it with others.
Mike & Dee Diede
Rick & Sheila Knock